Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhogs Day

So, today was groundhog's day and this is an overall journal of my day!

3:36 a.m.- My alarm goes off and I really don't want to get up. I get up anyways and get dressed, wash my face, put up my hair, gather up my school stuff, and head down stairs to the front desk of my dorm to work.

4:00-8:00 a.m.- I sit at the front desk, watch the security cameras, make sure no boys are walking around the dorm, let the kitchen people in the door and give them the keys, and attempt to do some homework while I'm still so tired. I do key inventory, count money, sell stamps, give people their printouts, answer the phone, and finally my boss shows up at 7:50 to take over for me. She shows me how to do mail-forwarding and then I can leave!

8:00 a.m.- I go upstairs to my dorm, take a long hot shower, get dressed in jeans and a black-longsleeved shirt, braid my hair, and make my bed (which has a tinkerbell fleece blanket on top :). Then, my roomate Nicole and I watch the morning cartoons on Disney.

9:00 a.m.- My boyfriend David comes to my dorm and looks at Nicole and I weird for watching cartoons. Then, we go downstairs to have breakfast. I have scrambled eggs, a slice of french toast, and milk. Then I go back upstairs and take a nap while David and Nicole watch the t.v. series Chuck.

11:45-1:00-I go off to math class in Wilson Hall and learn about how to teach elementary school kids math.

1:00- I come back to the dorm and have lunch/catch up on some homework while Nicole and I watch Desperate Housewifes.

2:10-3:25- I go to my Lifespan and Human development class across campus in Cheever Hall. I pick up a white hot-chocolate on the way. In class, we talk about the birthing process and watch a lot of graphic videos showing mothers giving birth. Mothers in the class also discuss what giving birth is really like. We discuss all the steps, possible problems, and everything we need to know about birth. I seriously reconsider ever having kids because of the horrible images and stories I had just witnessed.

3:30 p.m.- I walk back to Hannon with Bree, and then go up to my room to start writing my study abroad essays, write some e-mails to people, and check facebook. I listen to my i-pod and then look for a 10-page document I had written and saved over the weekend....and discover thet it is missing! I freak out and call David to find out where it could be. After getting instructions, I still can't find it, so David starts walking over to my dorm to help me. Meanwhile, my mom calls and we talk about going to Spain this summer.

5:30 p.m.- David comes over and after about 45 minutes of searching, tells me that he can't find my document either. I become stressed! I have a ton of homework, but somehow David distracts me and we end up eating homemade red applesauce, which is delicious by the way! My mom calls again and we talk about financial aid stuff. Then David starts eating peanut butter by the spoonful while I try unsuccesfully to do homework.

9:00- David leaves so that I can actually get some homework done, and I start writing this blog while listening to country music on pandora. After this, I'm going to have to start re-writing that lost 10-page paper! It's gonna be a long night!

The end! Well, that was pretty much my whole day in a nut-shell. Happy Groundhogs day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment