Monday, April 5, 2010

Men and Women arguing

I think Professor Sexson has a point about men and women arguing with each other. He mentioned that the whole situation ends up being pointless because we just don't understand each other, and we use that against each other. I have seen this all too often and heard people I know talking about it. One situation I can think of right now is between my best friend and her now ex-boyfriend. At times they got along great, but others times there was a great lack of communication and understanding. Towards the end of their relationship, they were just arguing alot. One of them always wanted something more or different from the other. I'm friends with both of them, so they would talk to me about their issues, and it seemed like they didn't understand each other. They tried to tell each other what they wanted, but it never seemed to work for long. My best friend wanted more space to be free while her ex wanted her to be his whole life, and she felt suffocated. She changed her mood alot and feeling about him also, and I think that he couldn't keep up with all her emotions. Also, her ex and some of my guy friends I know often talk about how girls are so confusing and never make any sense, while other times all my girl friends talk about how guys are stupid and can't understand the simple things a girl wants and that guys are more confusing. So there seems to be a conflict. Each gender thinks the other is too confusing, and thats where all the arguing comes in, when they say you can never understand what it's like to be me. In my life, it seems like often it's much easier for members of the same gender to communicate than members of opposite genders. In some cases guys and girls can be great friends, but usually your "best friend" is of your same gender. It's true that men and women are often significantly different, and maybe we'll never truly understand each other and the arguing will continue, or maybe not.......

No comments:

Post a Comment