Tuesday, April 20, 2010

more group projects!

Our group did our presentation on Monday, and I think it went pretty well. Our group worked really well together, and I liked our idea of the re-telling of cinderella and the overall project idea. Most stories we only ever hear from one point of view, but it can be fun to imagine the background stories of the less prominent characters. It would be fun to imagine the story of the prince in Cinderella, because we know very little about him, or any prince in most fairytales for that instance, because most fairytales only focus on the story from the Princess's point of view. Anyways, I liked the story my group invented, Prince and all.

The first group did an interesting job as well. I enjoyed their idea of a debate, I never thought of anything like that for a group presentation. It really helped engage the class and get everybody fired up in discussion. Tim was a bit dominant in his group and made himself heard above everyone else, but overall it was a good debate. Although it got a bit off topic and by the end I could barely tell the original argument and which side each team was one, it was still entertaining. In my opinion, there are some books that can be genuinely boring. To me, these could be things such as golf magazines. I would get extremely bored reading a golf magazine, but my boyfriend, who loves golf, finds them really interesting. I think it just depends on your personal interests and imagination. Surely you can always use your imagination to make a book more interesting, but there is some material which can seem impossible to work with. If a book has enough substance and room for imagination, then anyone should be able to read it and if they are just to lazy or unimaginative to get through it, then you could say that they are boring people. So, I agree with both arguments to an extent, but neither of them completely. I'm sure looking forward to what tomorrow's presentations will bring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment